Plant Manager (#9131) - TN
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a plant manager.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, we are actively seeking results oriented Manufacturing Plant Manager. He/She has top level responsibility for all aspects of the manufacturing facility. The Plant Manager must establish, maintain, and insure compliance with all procedures necessary for safety, quality, efficiency and profitability. The incumbent supports the department managers in operations, maintenance and engineering, process improvement, customer service /production planning, purchasing and human resources personnel in order to maximize commercialization efforts. This is a leadership position that requires a high degree of comfort engaging directly and often with individuals at all levels within the plant and outside the plant. It also requires effective sourcing and utilization of resources (employees and external experts, equipment, materials) to achieve Plant business goals by engaging direct reports and their subordinates to meet/exceed revenue, cost control, profit generation and customer satisfaction (quality and process consistency, customer service) targets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility is to direct and manage production and plant operations.
• Provide leadership in the areas of quality assurance, production, purchasing and continuous improvement.
• Participate in the development of long and short-term planning, policies, programs and objectives with the senior management team.
• Play a lead role in the recruiting, training and motivating of key employees and managers.
• Work closely and communicate regularly with senior managers to ensure that the goals, objectives and interests of the organization are consistent with overall business strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring that a Quality System maintained in accordance with TS16949/ISO900 standards.
• Promote efficiency throughout the organization and direct cost savings activities.
• Recommend capital expenditures to meet production needs.
• Implement the company objective of being the best in meeting customer needs and commitments.
• Annual budgeting, preparation of short term forecasts.
• Overseeing plant expansions and large capital projects.
Skills & Abilities
• Performance Management
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Technical Capacity
• Stress Management/Composure
• Understanding of Profit and Loss
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Presentation Skills
• Understanding of engineering aspects of manufacturing such as maintenance, machining and automation
• Experience with implementing Lean Manufacturing principals, SS and Kaizen
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Engineering or Business degree.
• 8 to 10 years senior managerial experience in industrial manufacturing sector with preferred aluminum extrusion experience.
• 5 years’ experience in a unionized work environment.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent software.