Plant Engineer (#9150) - FL
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a plant engineer.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager. This position is responsible for a broad range of duties, including new materials development and project management. Additionally, the plant engineer performs implant and instrument design work and actively participates on multifunctional team to advance assigned projects through the design/development process.
• Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
• Performs research, designs and developments of processes including flow, methods, materials and equipment.
• Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Design and implement projects/program to develop bench strength for plant maintenance.
• Train operators, supervisors, managers, and leads in reliability-best practices and foster continuous improvement throughout the network extrusion operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a passion for safety
- Abides by company rules, policies and procedures
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority
- Prior experience in an aluminum extrusion facility
- 5-7 years in manufacturing environment
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, to drive improvement.
- Proficiency with leading office software programs (i.e., Excel, Word and Access).
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and application associated with manufacturing operations, quality and engineering.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project definition and systematic approach to solutions and implementations
- Strategic Planning with an Engineering aptitude
- The ability to identify and correct problems by utilization of root cause problem solving skills and experimental methods
- Degree in mechanical engineering