Paint Supervisor- 3rd shift (#10011) - GA
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a paint supervisor for night shift.
This position reports directly to the Finishing Manager and supervises crew with up to 30 direct reports. This position has complete and total responsibility for the safe operation, quality of material, and productivity of the paint lines during a shift and will not only lead and manage in a professional and capable manner but will also participate directly on the plant floor.
• Must drive a safety culture where safety is the number one priority for all employees.
• Exhibit and live the Hydro Values as part of doing business. Support short and long-term goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) strategies
• Value Our People – coach, teach, and develop them
• Adhere to the ISO 9001 principles on quality management and ISO 14001/18001 principles on EHS management
• Maintain a safe work environment for all shift employees and by meeting Sapa Health, Environmental, and Safety standards. Lead by example and hold your crew accountable to do the same.
• Upholding documented standards of performance of the employees in metal treatment, safety and equipment care
• Supervise the crew consisting of all personnel in all roles
• Prioritize shift assignments and available staffing/coverage to meet shift safety, quality, and efficiency goals
• Achieve the shift metrics, as assigned by Department Manager
• Foster an environment where employees will willingly make extra effort to exceed goals
• Perform regular shift meetings for communication of shift goals and results and to perform required safety training
• Perform administrative tasks and maintain administrative records for the shift, including required production reporting, IMS system entries and follow up, training needs and skills assessments, time and attendance, disciplinary action, performance management, and payroll forms
• Perform coaching of employees for development, recognition, reward, or unacceptable performance or attendance
• Other duties as assigned.
- 5 + years successful manufacturing experience
- Minimum two years supervising 15 or more employees
- Finishing experience on high volume automated paint lines (wet & powder) a plus
- Experience in employee involvement in multi-discipline teaming a plus
- Ability to understand production goals and hit targets
- Lean/Continuous Improvement practical application preferable Proven ability to lead and direct others
- Working knowledge of manufacturing resource planning, particularly work scheduling/lead times
- Working knowledge of quality management systems
- Ability to present a positive unified front to departmental employees, reinforcing the goals, strategies, and personal commitment of the leadership team
- Proven record of coaching others to success in their own areas of influence
- Meticulous attention to detail; Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, changing production atmosphere
- while working independently with tight schedules and adhering to the highest standards of excellence
- Must be able to work any shift as required
- A post-secondary (2 year) degree is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong computer skills
- Basic mechanical components/aptitude