Paint Manager (#9157) - Tennessee
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a paint manager.
Basic Function: Manage the operations of Paint Department. Responsible for Production, Quality, Scheduling commitments, Environmental Compliance, Safety, and Employee Relations. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
• Managing the process of Paint Department along with wastewater treatment & hazardous waste.
• Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. Assist with filling out necessary environmental forms for the state and federal agencies.
• Ensure that a quality product that meets AAMA 2603, AAMA 2604 and AAMA 2605 specifications.
• Produce product with an on-time delivery.
• Production reporting
• Purchasing and Inventory maintenance of chemicals, contractors, etc.
• Identify and manage process improvements
• Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction
• Support Safety program
• Maintain departmental budgeting
• Employee relations and training
• Identify organizational opportunities for personnel development
• Heavy customer contact which may include travel to job sites
• Assist Facility Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety quality control and training.
• Requires a B.S. Degree in a technical field and 3 years of experience, or 5-10 years of progressive manufacturing experience in the paint field, 3 of which must be at a supervisory capacity.
• Paint experience a must, preferably with a wet electrostatic paint line
• Must be able to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications.
• Experience with improving programs of production control, standard operating procedures, safety quality control, and training.
• Must be able to write concise technical letters and negotiate in a fair, firm and professional manner
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to perform quality work
• Strong leadership skills with excellent time management, organizational and communication (verbal & written) skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Environmental experience.
• Aluminum architectural business, construction or field experience a plus.
• EPICS experience a plus.
• Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/DisabilityApply for this position.