Outside Sales Representative (Automotive Market) (#9722) - IN
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for an outside sales representative for automotive sales market.
Reports to Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Acquire and plan for designated market to secure positive sales & active account growth
- Growth our near and long-term sales to achieve 25%+ of our business by 2020.
- Drive profitable volume at direct customers via the sales organization.
- Maximize margins, close new business, grow the target list of future business, defend the core business and provide customer support.
- Lead the market segment managers and their application engineers in prioritizing key new application development activities in such areas as seating, oil pans, interiors, and chassis/structural.
- Work closely with the OEMs to establish new business programs especially in innovative areas such as conversions to aluminum extrusions in seating, chassis, powertrain, advanced batteries, etc.
Excellent internal communication is a must including also global colleagues in Asia where many global key accounts share similar needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and adapt to change
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business
- 7-10 years of sales or related experience/Aluminum Extrusion sales experience preferred
- Must be organized, self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prospect/identify business opportunities within the market, negotiate and close business deals
- Team player who works well under pressure
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking
- Ability to sell strategically – vertically within a customer organization
- Demonstrated success at building team approach to selling (internally/externally)
- Demonstrated ability to develop Account Development Plans ADP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to make effective presentations to clients and to internal management teams
- Solid business acumen with demonstrated knowledge of material and the metals industry
- Excellent analytical ability with ability to analyze data, a business problem/opportunity to solve problems and make effective decisions
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment and also be able to work effectively remotely
• Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
• Successful candidates will demonstrate a track record of personal accountability and teamwork; be innovative with initiative and drive; have a strong ability to network externally; and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Highest level of personal and professional integrity
• Passion, flexibility, stamina and commitment of an entrepreneur
• Self-motivated and aggressive in pursuing and achieving objectives
Position Performance Metrics:
• Growth to exceed budgeted levels year over year in both volume and profitability
• Forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Punctual, professional approach to business reports; communications
• Profitability by client account and product line
• Project management efficiency
• Willingness to travel 60-80% and capability of working autonomously and maintain a regular and flexible travel schedule to meet customer demands – calling on customers average of 4 days a week; 3 calls per day. One day for office
• Strategic thinker and ability to execute sales plans
• Must be a proven closer with good working knowledge of the metals industry with expertise with regard to aluminum extrusions
• Ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple business development efforts