Outside Sales Manager (#8607) - OH
An aluminum extrusion facility in the Midwest is looking for an outside sales account manager.
This position will be responsible for current and new accounts throughout the Midwest and Ohio region. Travel up to 90% of the time will be required. Position will include a base salary plus commission.
- Scheduling appointments, meeting existing customers in order to review product requires, and to determine other opportunities.
- Effective planning to conduct sales presentations by meeting customers physically on daily basis.
- Designing professional demonstrations or presentations of company products or services while on-site.
- Liaising between the company and the customers for up-to-date condition on pricing, service and latest product release launches.
- Generating and developing non-member businesses account in order to increase revenue, through cold calling.
- Continuously updating all customers on company product modifications, changes, and enhancements.
- Enhancing up to date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attending conferences and trade shows.
- Using marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales management tools.
- Preparing reports for sales and marketing and maintaining expense accounts.
- Performing updating and maintenance of accounts of customer including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- Providing product quotes to customers as needed.
- Ensuring follow-up after passing leads to managers with complete profile customer information, calls-to-action, sources, dates.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Special people skills to deal with customers and an outbound personality.
- Able to prospect non-member accounts.
- Able to upgrade and deal major businesses.
- Very strong communication skills in writing and verbal.
- Very good team player and should work well under pressure.
- Able to foster the member relation values.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proven forecasting and customer service skills.
Required Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable successful Business to Business sales experience.
- Ability to problem solve, and close a sale.
- Minimum of 2 years college degree.
- Solid work history preferably in the metals industry.
- Willing to travel away from home and overnight.
- Ability to delegate and coordinate work with others.
- Good verbal and written communications.
Can read and understand prints, drawings and has the knowledge of basic conversions such as metric to standard.