Outside Sales Engineer (#9420) - CA
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located on the West Coast.
This position is responsible for developing new business and maintaining existing business in the Bay Area (San Francisco) primarily for company’s Asia factories. There will also be occasions where this position will support other locations with sales and/or technical support.
• Proactively initiate and engage sales calls to new prospects.
• Develops and maintains new and existing business.
• Helps to create and execute a marketing plan.
• Reports on weekly schedule, which includes customer visits and RFQ activity.
• Works to reach\exceed annual forecasted goals
• Communicates regularly with customer service, engineering and all other internal departments.
• Drives to sales calls that are within 300 miles of home.
• Represents the company at trade shows.
• Frequent travel to support sales effort in North America and Asia.
• Coordinates sales effort across all company sites and develops sales strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Journeyman Toolmaker, or industry equivalency through a combination of training and applicable work experience.
• 5+ years of applicable work experience in metal fabrication and/or mechanical component sales.
• Proficient in English and Chinese.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook/email.
• Understanding of ERP systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
• Ability to write and proofread reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to travel domestically regularly and internationally on occasion.
• Understanding of quality system standards (ISO/TS/AS).