Outside Processing Coordinator (#9206) - Los Angeles Area
We are currently seeking an Outside Processing Coordinator in the Forging industry.
Schedule and revise shipment plans to ensure efficient distribution of products to satisfy customers needs. Schedule and monitor job sent for outside processing.
Work under the supervision of the Logistics Department Head.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and coordinate start dates of all production jobs.
- Assist the Production Department Head to prepare the weekly cold work production schedule with heat treatment.
- Monitor the status of the weekly production schedule.
- Assist the Production Department Head to review weekly incoming jobs from outside vendors and prepare the corresponding saw department production schedule.
Oversee Outside Processing
- Select outside process suppliers.
- Monitor the performance of outside process suppliers.
- Get quotes/estimates for jobs to be send to outside process suppliers.
- Communicate outside process suppliers lead times to impacted departments to ensure proper planning and forging of product.
- Coordinate, schedule, expedite, and monitor Outside Processing for all jobs. This includes but is not limited to coordinating pickups and deliveries with outside process suppliers.
- Ensure that received product has the proper quality certification(s).
- Work with Outside Process suppliers and Quality department to resolve issues found on the certificates.
- Verify and address issues pertaining to Outside Process suppliers.
- Review invoices and address issues with those not corresponding to current job estimates.
Coordination with Shipping and Inside Sales
- Assist sales personnel to determine job status upon request.
- Coordinate inspection performed by source inspectors to facilitate the timely shipment of product.
- Assist Estimating department in estimating outside process costs.
- When 50/50 and COD jobs are returned from Outside Processing, notify Inside Sales that jobs are ready to be sent to Customers. Ensure that product is held until money is collected from customers.
- Release each job to Shipping to conduct Final Inspection at the appropriate time.
- Plan and prioritize which jobs to ship in conjunction with customer needs and schedule. Review and prepare shipping documents, certification packages, invoices, certificates of conformance, when required.
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly ship schedules.
- Understand alloys and possess sufficient technical knowledge to know their properties.
- Understand quality processes and specifications.
- Ensure the accuracy of the information documented on the certificates of conformance.
- Generate requisitions for purchase orders of Outside Processing, as necessary. Document due dates and ensure accuracy of instructions and prices.
- Log in and out all Purchase Orders to/from outside process suppliers.
- Propose enhancements to computer systems.
- Log onto customers websites to access pick list and barcodes used for shipping.
- Continually review expenses and make suggestions for improvements.
- Make recommendations to improve Outside Processing efficiency to minimize expenditures.
Policies and Procedures
- Observe issues related to policies and procedures and make recommendations in order to enhance improvements.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Department Head and/or top management.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from an accredited two or four-year college or university with a degree in area of specialty or related field and/or;
- Three to five (3-5) years of related experience.
- Knowledge in transportation principles and regulations governing the movement and shipment of product and material.
- Knowledge in identifying customer requirements to flow them down internally and to suppliers.
- Knowledge in general mathematical principles, techniques, and practices relevant to calculation, measurement, data collection, and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge in general computer applications applicable to the job.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess skills in time management, coordination, delegation, and scheduling of personal and others' activities.
- Communicate and interchange thoughts, opinions, and information with supervisors, coworkers, and/or subordinates verbally or in writing. Be active listener and attentive to others. Do not be afraid of asking questions to ensure the message was properly communicated and/or received.
- Have problem-solving skills to address complex problems and analyze pertinent information to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Apply logic and reasoning to work related situations and be a solution provider.
- Monitor self, others, and processes to implement corrective actions, enhance performance, and drive continual improvement throughout the organization.
- Coordinate with others to achieve personal and company mission, objectives, and priorities.
- Encourage teamwork by developing common mission/vision, trust, and respect among team members.
- Develop department specific objectives in conjunction with the company wide objectives; define strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Have the ability to recognize problems or potential problems and communicate them to impacted personnel for resolution.
- Have the ability to identify risks and implement actions to mitigate them.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.