Operations Superintendent (#9855) - North Carolina
United Employment Group is seeking an Operations Superintendent at a Forging Plant in North Carolina.
- Direct safety program ensuring employee's safety and participation to established goals.
- Research, propose and implement improvements using Lean Manufacturing principles to meet performance goals as well as improve safety, quality, efficiency, costs, and scrap.
- Manage personnel including task assignment, performance management, policy adherence, and development.
- Work closely with Maintenance, Planning, Purchasing, Technology, Quality and Human Resources and other support functions to meet business plan requirements.
- 4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years' leadership experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Lean Principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing, guiding, and developing employees.
- Knowledge or experience with powder process and autoclave preferred; start-up experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
- Sufficient knowledge of company, products, objectives, and operations.
- Advanced knowledge of production, operations, and materials planning, practices, and processes.
- Oracle, Maximo, etc. experience a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects at various stages with limited supervision in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and timely thru the implementation of long-term solutions.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to foster collaborations, inspire confidence, and motivate individuals across diverse teams in a manufacturing environment in order to meet objectives.