Operations Manager (#11090) - Illinois
Industry: Metal Stamping
United Employment Group is seeking an Operations Manager at a Metal Stamping Facility in Illinois.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the departments that he/she manages. Develops and implements the necessary strategies to meet identified goals in safety, quality, OTP, equipment reliability and cost performance. He/she is given the latitude to manage their departments with the expectation to meet or exceed the identified goals.
1st Shift, Relocation Assistance Available
- Develop and maintain a positive image and positive relations between company and vendors, regulators and employees.
- Ensure managed departments comply with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Implement lean methodologies to drive year over year improvement in safety, quality, OTP, productivity and cost performance.
- Mentor and coach managers in developing a continuous improvement environment of collaboration and accountability.
- Ensure company policies are enforced correctly and consistently across the business unit.
- Detailed understanding of the bargaining unit contract, leveraging the agreement to maximize labor flexibility and efficiency supporting cost improvement goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years leadership experience in a METAL STAMPING manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership skills in communication, collaboration and accountability
- Lean Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Union experience (plus)
- Technical knowledge – presses, tooling, design engineering, MS systems