Operations Manager (#9246) - TN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager for a Metal Stamping facility located in TN.
Responsible for managing and executing the daily operations of the Chassis Assembly Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads the development of work instructions, training on processes, and supervises daily operations.
• Monitors and reports daily production activities with regards to SPC.
• Identifies, develops, and implements strategies to attain production targets with respect to SQDCM.
• Leads daily production meetings to communicate production goals and provide feedback on overall team performance.
• Evaluates employee areas of improvement and implements strategies relating to employee development.
• Provides overall employee/team development strategies through training, coaching, counseling, and performance measurement.
• Responsible for the engineering functions of the chassis assembly dept.
• Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
• Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors).
• Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
Education & Experience:
• BS in Operations Management, or other similar type of business curriculum. 8 plus years experience in robotic mig welding. Transfer/prog press/metal stamping/robotic welding preferred;
• Experience in supervising other employees.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Familiarization with MRP and scheduling concepts preferably SAP;
• Exceptional computer skills, particular with Excel and Production and Inventory Control Systems.