Operational Drafter (#9366) - New York
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
We are currently seeking an Operational Drafter.
Drafter responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with building processes, we'd like to meet you!
- Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations, and requirements in materials.
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used).
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Design diagrams, maps, and layouts to illustrate workflow.
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team.
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance.