Multi- Slide Set- Up/ Operator (#9610) - IN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Multi- Slide Set- Up/ Operator for a Metal Stamping facility located in IN.
The Multi-slide Set-Up/Operator sets-up, adjusts, and operates a variety of slide machines including Multi-slide, fourslide and vertical forming machines to perform close tolerance work requiring a high degree of skill. This individual will diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions. Work is of a complicated nature having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish. Must be able to work with minimal supervision from drawings and job instructions. Use a variety of precision measuring instruments including optical comparators.
• Set-up, and operate slide machines (28/33/35 U.S. Baird Multi-slides)
• Work from drawings, specifications or templates
• Use caliper, micrometer, comparator & other measuring equipment
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Verify quantity and quality of material
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment and departmental housekeeping standards
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills / Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Highly motivated self starter
• Requires 1-2 years of relevant manufacturing experience
• Good math skills
• Basic blueprint reading, reading and writing skills
• Regular attendance is required; punctual, dependable
• Strong attention to detail