Mold Tool Manager (#9293) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Mold Tool Manager for a facility in Florida.
The Mold Tool Manager is responsible for managing all mold tooling including new programs and existing production molds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare quotes on mold tooling for new programs.
- Supervise mold tooling design activities.
- Occasional technical support on mold designs.
- Provide leadership and promote teamwork with all technical associates in the mold tooling group.
- Participate in cross functional APQP planning meetings on new programs. Provide input to enhance quality and manufacturing efficiency.
- Work closely with manufacturing and quality on existing tooling to improve quality and productivity.
- Manage and develop outside suppliers for mold tooling.
- Provide support to sales and marketing group on technical issues such as engineering changes and product manufacturability.
- Project management, establish and monitor time lines for new mold tooling, update and provide schedules for sales and marketing, manage internal and external resources for mold tooling.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving, and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in QS 9000 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Other duties may be assigned.
Manages the Mold Design Engineer and the Mold Tooling Supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training the associate; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining the associate; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent ten years of experience preferred.
- Ten years minimum experience in Mold tool design and/or Moldmaking preferred.
- QS 9000 training, experience desired.
- Leadership and Management training preferred.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving 8-D Format Training desired.
- Proficiency with computer based application, Pro-E, Autocad, Cadkey, Microsoft Office desired.
Ability to effectively communicate with both associates and managers. Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents and engineering drawing. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write using original or innovative style. Ability to make effective presentations.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
Ability to be responsive and persuasive to all levels of the organization. Ability to understand and reason through complex tooling and manufacturing issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to stand and taste or smell. The associate is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.Apply for this position.