Metallurgist (#9272) - Texas
A Forging Facility in Texas is looking for a Metallurgist.
This position reports to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Metallurgical reviews of steel, stainless steel, titanium and nickel base alloys to be used in the quoting and production of new parts.
- Metallurgical process planning in regards to material purchasing, forge process engineering, heat treatment, and mechanical testing.
- Liaison to engineering and heat treat department in troubleshooting the heat treat and welding processes.
- Cost reduction and process enhancement involving metallurgy.
- Customer interface involving metallurgy.
- Assisting in maintaining Nadcap certification in Heat Treat, Nondestructive testing, and Metallurgical Laboratory
- B.S. in Metallurgy.
- 5 years experience in heat treatment and mechanical properties testing of steel and stainless steel alloys.
- Preferred 5 years metallurgical experience in forge and heat treat processing of titanium and nickel based super-alloys.
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense companies Nadcap Certification.
- Experience in starting up a Metallurgical Laboratory, with most of the equipment in place.
- Supervise and train Laboratory Technicians