Metallurgical Engineer (#10883) - CA
Aerospace Metallurgist position
Core responsibilities include:
• Create/Maintain Test Setup and Heat Treat Setup to incorporate Customer Drawing Callout, Specification Requirement and/or Internal Working Instruction Guidelines.
• Provide product specific forging temperatures in the routing.
• Provide product specific heating and cooling instructions for titanium forgings in the routing.
• Review test results from outside test lab for metallurgical accuracy and completeness.
• Review and buyoff internal micro/macro/grain flow test results.
• Request Satellite Plans on as-needed basis.
• Maintain the accuracy and completeness of testing and heat treating shopfloor instructions for different forging revisions. Attend forging revision meetings, and complete assigned tasks.
• Review customers’ material and heat treatment specifications as needed.
On a limited basis, you are also expected to perform below duties for forgings of low to medium complexity:
• Provide metallurgical disposition for, and support to, internal process improvement projects.
• Provide metallurgical definition of new products to ensure contractual compliance.
• Review Forging Routing for shop release.
• Review Process Procedure and First Article Package for customer submittal.
• Issue short term rework instructions for metallurgical failures.
• Other duties as assigned
• B.S. degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering or other closely related field
• 0-2 years of experience in a forging or metalworking environment