Metallurgical Engineer (#9205) - Southern California
A Forging facility in Southern California is seeking a Metallurgical Engineer.
• Organizing, performing, and/or witnessing failure analysis
• Conducting metallurgical investigations relating to process control and product development
• Providing material recommendations for research and new product development and to meet customer and/or industry requirements
• Design, installation, and evaluation of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) processes
• Sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques; design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment
• Analyze production and service limitations and standards and recommend revision of specifications when required
• Formulates or helps formulate QA/QC policies and procedures
• Conducts training on QA/QC concepts and tools
• Providing technical expertise for issues associated with the engineering, procurement, and use of castings, forgings, and weldments
• Directing material/product analysis including preparation of samples and analysis of results
• Disposition of material on non-conformance issues
• Writing accurate and persuasive technical reports detailing causes and corrective actions associated with analysis of data and issues
• Interfaces with all other functions within the organization, customers, suppliers, and third-party agencies on quality related issues.
• The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate the results of his/her research to others effectively. Qualified candidates are innovative, persistent and are methodically attentive to details.