Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineer (#9108) - SC
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are seeking a Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in SC.
The primary function of this position will be to research, plan, coordinate design, and monitor mechanical, electromechanical, hydraulic equipment in support of meeting production goals. Work across the organization to foster continuous improvement for long-term success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and comply with all OSHA, safety and PPE requirements
- Health & Safety of self and colleagues, including outside contractors or support personnel.
- Maintenance support during on-line troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions including interface with controls, robots, and PLC systems.
- Setup and programming new jobs.
- Create, document, develop and deliver procedures to ensure the equipment meets all targets relating to Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Improve overall processes and related issues by taking a pro-active lead in the Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry technology and advances.
- Other duties will include the design, installation and de-bug of machinery and capital equipment.
- Support the Program Management group in evaluation of new work and processes.
- Support the Quality group in evaluation and improvement of product dimensional reports
- Support team functions by:
- Kaizen submittal and implementation
- Cross-training with others
- Backfills other work stations as needed
- Problem solving
- Supports operational metrics and meets operational needs
- Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule
- Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors)
- Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering / Technical degree or equivalent.
- or- 5+ years' experience and training in a similar role and environment.
- Can demonstrate work experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment. Automotive industry experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effectively able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in PLC's (A-B Control Logix & Panelview HMI's) a plus;
- Clear understanding of Lean Principals & Tools.