Manufacturing Engineering Manager (#9499) - Illinois
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a Forging facility in Illinois.
Enhance the current state of manufacturing capabilities and current processes to eliminate waste, reduce latent capacity, reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Be a "laser of change". This person must be comfortable working with all levels within the organization. They must be able to question the status quo and be a strong communicator.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements.
- Implements a formal six sigma program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implement and use such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis, Fishbone, SMED, and DOE.
- Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Increase throughput throughout the manufacturing process.
- Value stream current operations and envision new state of manufacturing operations.
- Develop and implement capital or expense projects to achieve stated objectives while meeting cost and time targets.
- Implement methods, processes, or layout changes to reduce overall costs, improve quality and expand manufacturing capabilities.
- Participate in product design reviews in an effort to reduce the time from sampling to first part approval.
Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing and maintenance functions to solve chronic or complex problems.
- BS Degree Engineering.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification and strong LEAN Manufacturing expertise: 5-10 years with black belt.
- 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing operation preferably in metal forming.
- Proven track record of leading high-performance teams and attaining results; able to quantify results.
- Proficient computer skill including M/S Office and Project Management.
- Supervisory experience a strong plus.
- Formal training in robotic systems, metal deformation and machining a plus.
- Job shop production experience highly desirable.
- Should demonstrate excellent problem solving, decision-making, communication and interpersonal skills.