Manufacturing Engineer (#8848) - IN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in IN.
The Manufacturing Engineer is charged with the responsibility to identify, evaluate, develop and implement cost effective methods of manufacturing related to assigned processes in such a manner that will optimize the return on each investment.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and provides technical leadership and support. Collaboration with other departments and vendors is essential. The Manufacturing Engineer has the responsibility and authority to temporarily stop production due to safety, manufacturing process, procedure, material or equipment-related concerns.
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer is to apply in-depth knowledge of all assigned equipment, tools and processes that will take full advantage of the capabilities of the equipment while optimizing the utilization of raw material and labor resources. The Manufacturing Engineer will research, develop and maintain a library of strategically relevant technologies that will advance our capabilities, while collaborating with Estimators and Technologist to continually enhance the collective knowledge base of the company. The Manufacturing Engineer seeks to optimize throughput and first-pass yield by providing operators with elegant processes, a robust training program, and impeccably maintained equipment.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Revision controlling process documents and programs to ensure up to date specifications and instructions
• Collaborating with Estimators to provide customers optimized solutions and competitive quotes
• Developing a maintenance system to insure all equipment performs to the original manufacturer’s specifications
• Activating new parts by evaluating released bills of materials, quoted routings, offline programming, inspection specifications and control plans to ensure that processes are clearly defined for production to create run at rate parts that meet customer specifications
• Reviewing and approving all modifications to existing equipment, programs and tools
• Developing and maintaining a robust maintenance program
• Reviewing existing manufacturing processes for improvement opportunities and implementing process changes when needed
• Collaborating with Supervisors, CMSI, and the Training and Development Manager to build and maintain a robust training program for new hires and ongoing skills development of the team
• Educating and supporting Estimators to enable them to provide value to customers through the solutions proposed in quotes by defining estimating standards
• Developing and maintaining a library of operator manuals and maintenance manuals for all assigned equipment and machinery
• Collaborating to improve safety, productivity, and quality while striving to eliminate waste.
• Participating in the corrective action process as it relates to quality issues in assigned area
• Evaluating processes through the use of FMEA, Regression Analysis and Design of Experiment analysis
• Providing ongoing, expert support to production supervisors, operators, and others to assure safe machine operation, superb quality, and optimal labor and equipment efficiencies
• Supporting recommendations for equipment upgrades, replacements and additions with clear, thoughtful ROI analysis
• Managing capital projects in collaboration with the Facilities Manager to ensure machine installation, training and start-up dates are met
• Working with press and equipment manufacturers to understand the full scope and safe limits of machine capabilities
• Performing internal audits as scheduled
• Providing support to Facilities Management Team to resolve equipment failures
• Providing support to remote operations for all responsibilities related to this position as needed
The individual will also develop and maintain competency with the following equipment and software and processes:
• Corporate ERP system
• Microsoft Office
• SolidWorks 3D CAD
• Manufacturing software
• Offline programing software
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, from a reputable institution or similar combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the metal fabrication industry with responsibility for the support, operation, maintenance and specification of equipment used in Stamping, Welding, Bending and Machining Processes.