Manufacturing Engineer (#8473) - TN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a Metal Stamping facility located in TN.
Primary Purpose To organize, supervise and manage new manufacturing processes and projects. To ensure our customers are afforded world class technology and processes. Ensure existing tooling and welding processes are performing to expected levels
Principle Duties and/or Responsibilities
• Ensure safety, process capability, efficiency and standardization across facilities through machine standards and designs.
• Troubleshoot problems at production equipment
• Assist in upgrade of preventive maintenance program.
• Responsible for completion of capital plan per budget.
• Focus over the next few years will be set-up reduction, welding, clutch, brake and feeder dependability
• Assist in FMEA's pre-production planning and initial samples.
• Responsible for on-going plant layout improvements.
• Assistance in preparation of strategic plan and budget.
• Responsible for improving the ability and technology of the welding department to include mig welding
• Follow the lockout/tag out procedures.
• Five years stamping or related field
• Five years design/ engineering
• Journeyman Tool & Die Certification preferred
• Proficient with CAD software
• Five Years Welding Experience
• Knowledgeable of OSHA general industry and press related standards
• Electrical controls/ systems knowledge
• P.M. systems and methodology
• 5 years press/stamping experience
• Solid Project Management skills
• Working knowledge of P.M. systems
• Will have the ability to work a schedule that allows completion of the job on a daily basis.
• Will possess the organizational skills necessary to maintain company records in compliance with the Manufacturing Department and TS-16949.
• Must possess the ability to work with all levels of company management as well as customers and vendors.
• Associates Degree in related field preferred
• Post Secondary Technical Trade School or extensive experience in related fields