Maintenance Technicians- All Shifts Available (#6405) - MI
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking Maintenance Technicians for multiple positions in MI.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology (or similar program)
- Ability to train, teach, and assess other Maintenance Technician trainees, working well and leading and mentoring in a team environment
- Experience in machine repair of metal stamping equipment, spot/resistance welding equipment, robotic welders, or grinding and finishing equipment
- Experience in operating all “tools of the trade” including welding, mills, lathes, cutting equipment, metal shear and brake, and drill presses
- Ability to assist with managing projects and resources effectively, including PLC programming and troubleshooting, understanding advanced electrical prints and schematics to facilitate complex repairs or installation of equipment
- Ability to read, follow and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, blueprints, schematics, code requirements, service manuals and manufacturers’ specifications
- Welding, layout and construction skills including art, MIG, TIG aluminum, TIG steel, and oxy-acetylene welding along with the use of the plasma cutter
- Provide technical (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic) expertise to production teams to assist in creating and implementing the best solutions to manufacturing challenges.
- Use drawings/blueprints, schematic diagrams, service manuals, code manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications to mechanically install, modify, enhance and repair machines and mechanical equipment.
- Use basic PC/PLC knowledge and electrical schematics to electrically install, modify, enhance and repair machines and mechanical equipment.
- Read and interpret hydraulic, pneumatic, machine manuals, and basic interpretation of electrical schematics.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and machine manuals to perform safe and effective repairs while using basic electrical concepts, practices, and theory.
- Operate lathes, mills, plasma cutters and cutting equipment to fabricate/repair machine/mechanical equipment parts.
- Perform MIG, TIG aluminum, TIG steel, and oxy/acetylene welding to install, modify, enhance, repair, and maintain business unit equipment and to fabricate and repair parts.
- Start/restart machines and mechanical equipment after installations, modifications, enhancements, and repairs to ensure optimal operation.