Maintenance Technician- 1st shift (#9717) - Eastern, MI
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for a Metal Stamping facility located in Eastern, MI
Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, installation, repair, fabrication, and preventative maintenance tasks on metal fabrication equipment. Experience with mechanical presses, press brakes, lasers, machining centers, and/or robotic welders is a required. Position requires being on your feet all day and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. 80% machine repair and maintenance; 20% building repair and maintenance.
• Must have 5+ years of repair experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers.
• Electrical skills required for installing and troubleshooting various systems.
• Current experience with mechanical stamping presses, brake presses, lasers, cranes and lift trucks
• Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Knowledge of all MIOAHS and OSHA Standards.
• 5+ years of experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Experience identifying components from parts breakdowns.
• Ability to troubleshoot power transmission components, bearings, belts, cams, etc.…
• Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics with ability to read and understand schematics and do basic calculations to specify components.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Ability to use electrical troubleshooting skills to include a multimeter, megger tester, amp meter, etc.…
• Ability to read and understand ladder logic for troubleshooting programmable logic controllers.
• Familiar with spare parts inventory control systems.
• Ability to work well with others is a must.
• Valid driver’s License
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to occasionally lift 75 pounds.
• Must be able to work at heights
• Must have own tools (a list will be provided)
• Demonstrated proficiency in facility maintenance, and machine repair
• Must be able to drug screening, and background check
* This is a lean manufacturing environment where all employees have a broad range of responsibilities.