PLC Technician (#9584) - TN
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a PLC technician.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and/or the need for service, repair, and/or replacement of electrical, electronic, and mechanical components.
- Discuss performance issues and improvement ideas with technical and operational staff
- Read and understand electronic and electrical schematics; makes sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance efforts
- Required to maintain software back-up of programs from all electronic processors according to the library notations as set by the maintenance manager.
- Troubleshoots and repairs solid state motor drives, temperature controllers, and pc based controllers.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or contribes test equipment and circuitry; conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability for equipment and machinery.
- Analyzes and interprets data from solid state motor drives and controllers with meters and other electronic test equipment.
- Adjusts, calibrates, and aligns circuitry to include preventative and predictive maintenance
- Performs base line measurements on newly installed or overhauled equipment under actual operating conditions
- Maintains work area in maintenance shop and job areas, using LEAN and 5S best practices.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English languate for required document control, equipment operation, and manager/team leader instructions.
- PLC experience in a related field desired. Internship helpful.
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent certification
- Proficiency with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC Processors
- Must be able to work varied shifts to support a 24/7 operation
- Must be willing to be on-call for specific periods of time.
- Computer skills, with the capability to use e-mail, compile reports in Excel and other programs, and develop spreadsheets for tracking and trending purposes.
- Ability to prepare technical reports for documenting changes/issues for equipment
- Ability to manage personal safety according to all safety compliance requirements
- Able to work in challenging environments, such as dirty, fumes, oils and lubricants, and hot work areas.