Maintenance Technician (#9541) - GA
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a maintenance technician.
• Troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing industrial production equipment for a safe and productive work environment
• Prioritizing and self-scheduling maintenance work around production activities to achieve both production and maintenance goals and deadlines
• Making repairs and improvements to equipment in the production process to ensure product quality and promote continuous improvement
• Complying with, demonstrating, and imposing all company safety rules and regulations; auditing, reviewing and editing JSA’s
• Electrical Expertise
• Ability to read and interpret machine manuals/schematics, electrical blueprints/schematics and process control diagrams
• Knowledge of electrical circuits and controllers, including trouble shooting of AC-DC, Motors, and PLC Controllers.
• Experience troubleshooting and wiring 3 phase power control circuits
• Ability to bend and size electrical conduit
• Knowledge/experience with the installation, calibration and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.
• Troubleshooting with ladder logic and electrical schematics to determine the root cause of equipment failures and deciding next steps.
• Equipment Maintenance — performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed. Able to clearly communicate maintenance needs to manager.
• The ability to use and read- voltmeters, recorders, and oscilloscope
• Safety Compliance – must be able to complete jobs while being in compliance with NFPA 70e.
• Mechanical Expertise
• Mechanical drive experience
• Mechanical installation and alignment techniques (motor/gearbox, pumps, sprockets, sheaves)
• Use of precision measurement tools and calibration equipment
• Basic understanding of pneumatics and hydraulic systems
• Basic skills with shop equipment such as a mill, lathe, and drill press
• Basic knowledge of reading schematics and blueprints of machines, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
• General Requirements
• Knowledge/experience using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel
• High School Diploma or GED, 5-year industrial maintenance experience or journeyman preferred
• Technical math — ability to add and subtract numbers along with fractions, all while using the American weight measurements. Understanding of geometry and weights. (moved this from electrical skills.)
• Technical Reading Comprehension — understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents and technical diagrams. (moved this from electrical skills.)
• Attention to Detail — work order specs, looking for areas in need of maintenance and inspecting work. (moved this from electrical skills.)
• Ability to read, write and understand the English language for the purpose of reading documents, diagrams, manufacturer instructions and work orders. (moved this from electrical skills.)
• Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. (moved this from electrical skills.)
• Must have your own tools
• Capable of bending and lifting loads up to fifty pounds
• Must work well in a team environment
• Operation Monitoring — watching gauges, dials, edge guards, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Operation and Control — controlling operations of equipment and systems. Checking work.
• Quality Control Analysis — conducting tests and inspections of machines and equipment according to Quality Workmanship Rules (QWR) processes to evaluate quality of maintenance workmanship.
• Monitoring — monitoring/assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Active Listening — giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively (communication between team members including operators and maintenance, as well as communication with supervisor).
Apply for this position.