Maintenance Technician (#9300) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for a facility in Florida.
The Maintenance Technician installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds form machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metals parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving, and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in QS 9000 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Perform other tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Three years related experience or training preferred.
- Forklift Certification desired.
Ability to communicate effectively with both associates and managers. Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to be use common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The associate is regularly required to stand and smell; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned building. The associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is high.Apply for this position.