Maintenance Technician (#8976) - Ohio
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
Experienced Concrete Pipe Maintenance Professional
The Maintenance Technician will have the following Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to work with steel and metal to get forms in shape to produce products such as manholes.
- Troubleshooting/repair of equipment and fixtures used in the precast industry.
- Experience and expertise in skills including pneumatic, hydraulic, welding, etc.
- Support all aspects of the company’s safety program and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others.
- Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; schedule mechanical downtime/unscheduled mechanical downtime appropriately; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhance maintenance team and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
This position has the following Requirements/Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Background with steel and metal.
- Ability to read and apply information from plans, blueprints, work instructions and equipment manuals. Diagnostic problem solving techniques. Detail orientation.
- Strong discipline, work ethic, dedication, and team mentality.
- Technical expertise in welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, machining and electronics.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to present oneself and communicate in a professional, positive, and courteous manner at all times with all levels of employees.
- Ability to provide clear and concise verbal instructions along with the ability to listen and ask questions to understand points made by others.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to pass a drug screen.