Maintenance Technician (#8441) - IL
Industry: Plastic Injection Moldings
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for a Plastic Injection Molding facility in IL.
Job Description Summary
Primary Function; Installs, troubleshoots and repairs complex mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and distribution systems, involving work of a varied nature with general supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the Installation and relocation of production equipment, i.e.; molding machines, assembly / automation equipment, robots, etc.
• Assist in the diagnoses and repairs of complex production equipment failures using multi-meters, schematics and drawings.
• Dismantles, repairs and reassembles complex equipment.
• Performs work within their skill areas. Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic.
• Occasionally performs work in other trades, fabrication, welding, pipefitting, machine modifications, etc.
• Uses typical mechanics hand tools, multi-meters, gages.
• Insures repairs done to the equipment are completed correctly and are verified by testing the equipment for proper operation and functionality, prior to releasing to production.
• Must be able to read blueprint(s); must be able to use measuring instruments; must be able to perform basic failure analysis; must possess a basic knowledge and skill set with measuring instruments; must possess an understanding of electronic components to troubleshoot and repair; Must be able to use of hand and power tools
• Able to analyze and solve problems; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to comprehend basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics, prints and drawings.
• Capable of safely operating forklift trucks and hi-lifts.
Education and Training
• Associates degree with a Technical focus from a two-year college or technical institution or ten to fifteen years related experience.
• 5 years of more of technical experience