Maintenance reliability engineer (#9937) - TX
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a maintenance supervisor for day shift.
The position will lead and direct the activities of personnel responsible for implementing all applicable maintenance and reliability standards for a large aluminum extrusion press manufacturing line. This position will direct the inspection, maintenance, monitoring, and reliability of all equipment. They will manage and lead the planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance activities and responsible for ensuring quality maintenance work is executed according to site and industry best practices and standards. They will be responsible for building and maintaining a robust parts inventory system to support all equipment.
• Ability to Lead
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or in a related engineering discipline
• Must have experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance.
• Must be able and willing to work in a industrial manufacturing plant environment, including periods of time in non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
• Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Ability to apply and teach Reliability Centered Maintenance concepts, and effectively conduct training to advance overall knowledge of reliability
• A broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery, including hydraulic, mechanical, PLC control and pneumatic systems, etc.
• Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to learn new complex applications
• Effective oral and written communications skills that support collaborative teamwork, and the ability to influence others
• Proven analytical and field troubleshooting skills
• Must enjoy creating value, be results focused, and have strong decision-making and organizational skills
• Be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
• Continued education in reliability applications, practices and management is a plus
• Must be able to lead and mentor mechanics and millwrights
• Minimum of 3 years equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience preferred
• Lead the change from a reactive to proactive maintenance environment.
• Promote and lead root cause problem solving teams to improve equipment reliability and reduce overall assets costs.
• Implement systemic, sustainable solutions to prevent equipment problems from recurring.
• Develop and execute maintenance strategies that drive preventative and predictive approaches to improve equipment uptime.
• Evaluate existing manufacturing systems and execute actions to drive safety, productivity, quality, and cost improvements.
• Work closely with outside contractors and engineering firms to execute equipment reliability improvement activities safely, on-time, and on budget.
• Incorporate appropriate Condition Monitoring such as vibration, fatigue, and wear rates in planned and predictive activities to maximize equipment reliability.
• Review and optimize lubrication requirements, methods and frequencies.
• Provide detailed cost/benefit analysis to support recommended equipment maintenance strategies.
• Initiates and assists in business case development for maintenance improvement & new equipment capital projects.
• Participate in capital & maintenance project teams
• B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
• 3 to 7 years of experience as a reliability engineer in a manufacturing facility.
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems.
• Advanced understanding of Preventative and Predictive Based Monitoring technologies, such as Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Ultrasonic Examination, Oil Analysis, etc.
• Project Management skills and abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines.
• Strong leadership, communication, facilitation, and collaborative skills.
• Strong analytical and problem- solving skills.