Maintenance Superintendent (#9335) - TX
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Superintendent for a Forging facility in Texas.
- Direct and coordinate all maintenance activities in the plant including routine PM, special projects, safety and environmental concerns and personnel matters.
- Responsible for providing daily management direction to Maintenance Department Employees
- Prioritize work orders and assign work.
- Coordinates with Forge Superintendent and Logistics Manager for maintenance of equipment.
- Direct, review and audit the preventative maintenance programs for assigned production and facility equipment to ensure safe, efficient operation with a minimum of cost and downtime.
- Manage employee issues.
- Ensures training and development for all maintenance employees.
- Develop maintenance improvement programs and activities that will improve the plant/equipment performance.
- Direct Safety Committee and enforce safety rules and regulations in the plant.
- Develop and lead plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key performance goals.
- Responsible for the Maintenance employees’ annual performance reviews.
- Coordinate and work with outside suppliers and contractors.
- Plans and organizes new equipment installations or facilities modifications and ensures cost control.
- Manages environmental programs and assures conformance and regulatory requirements.
- 5+ years Engineering/Maintenance experience in a Manufacturing facility, preferably in Steel Forging.
- Supervisory Experience.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Preventative Maintenance Processes and Tools.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and welding.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to be a team player.