Maintenance Multi-Craft Mechanic (#9512) - GA
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for an experienced multi-craft maintenance mechanic.
- Place safety first.
- Assist with installation, start-up, and maintenance of plant/facility electrical equipment and control systems, with particular emphasis on troubleshooting PLC-based control systems.
- PLC and HMI/operator interface configurations and minor/low-level changes such as adding new alarms, adding timers or other methods to eliminate problems from bouncing input contacts and other “noisy” input signals.
- Assist operating and maintenance departments in selecting and standardizing equipment, software, device upgrades, drivers and interfaces to improve equipment operation and control system reliability.
- Provide written documentation of changes to control systems engineers and notifications to all maintenance employees when significant changes are made to control systems so that troubleshooters on all shifts are aware of recent changes.
- Communicate within department, and with other technical specialists in IT and plant engineering departments, as needed to resolve problems that are beyond your ability to correct.
- Contact equipment suppliers for technical support, as needed.
- Support the day to day operations in all
- Proficiency in programming/navigating and troubleshooting PLC control systems is preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500, ControLogix, and Panelview Plus is a big plus.
- Familiarity with the following industrial control communication protocols: ControlNet, Ethernet, DH+, Remote I/O, DeviceNet.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical devices, and combustion control systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows operating system, PC/software configurations, and how PLC software works with computer operating systems.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills; must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; must have working knowledge of power and hand tools; a steady work history.
- Self Starter; Ability to influence others; Adaptable to change and ability to work as a team; Ability to prioritize needs
- Mobile Equipment Certification required (or the ability to attain this certification through Sapa training as per the Mobile Equipment Policy.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass written and hands on tests.
- Associates degree in electrical/electronic technology field preferred, or equivalent experience.
Apply for this position.