Maintenance Mechanic (#8025) - California
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
We're searching for a Maintenance Mechanic.
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment, heavy trucks and speial purpose machines as assigned.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned.
- Weld and use cutting torch as required.
- Perform general repairs to plant structures.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with Head Mechanic for approval and repair as needed.
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, crane, hand tools and power tools.
- Replace and install parts as needed.
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.