Maintenance Mechanic (#8551) - Colorado
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs daily PM’s and repairs on all equipment
• Performs installation of all new equipment
• Able to determine parts needed for repairs.
• Able to communicate well with operators and management of daily needs
• Fill out any reports of problems or parts ordering
• Keeps work area clean and organized
• Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• On-the-job training experience is required to be able to perform duties.
• Able to weld with stick or mig welders and run oxy/ act torch.
• Requires basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
• Ability to operate block machine, cuber, loader, unloader, beco and any other equipment required to perform duties.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Good Fabrication skills
• Some PLC and VFD knowledge
• Problem solving skills.
• Good mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic trouble shooting skills.
• Familiar with chain and belt conveyor components
• Forklift and some heavy equipment knowledge.
• Must have own tools and be portable through out plant