Maintenance Manager (#10901) - Midwest
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for an experienced maintenance manager.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance of Environmental, Health, and Safety programs by employees and contractors working during the shift.
• Complete documentation as required for EHS programs
• Supervision of plant mechanical, electrical, and contract technicians and will participate in hiring, training and directing maintenance technicians.
• Scheduling corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance work.
• Thorough understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and PLC systems as they relate to heavy industrial equipment.
• Perform engineering duties that require exercise of judgment and the application of standard electrical and mechanical engineering principles and practices.
• Investigate/trouble shoot technical problems and help to establish procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences
• Manage resources to assure key objectives such as safety and cost goals are met.
• Provide technical support to maintain and upgrade plant equipment and systems.
• Assist in developing and managing the Preventative and Computerized Maintenance Management
• System (CMMS).Perform miscellaneous (technical) job-related duties as assigned
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronic Engineering.
• Must be safety conscious and believe that “Safety is a Core Value”.
• Knowledge of OHSA & other regulatory agencies directives.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Metals industry experience a plus.
• Five years of experience in a management capacity with demonstrated leadership, training capabilities and ability to work under minimum supervision.
• The ideal candidate would have significant experience as a maintenance manager or supervisor with electrical controls, PLC, hydraulic, combustion, and mechanical systems.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and electrical power distribution would be a plus.
• Experience in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) a plus.
• Intermediate to Advanced skill in Microsoft Office.
• Must have good communication and employee relations skills.
• Should have experience evaluating and coaching employees to their full potential.