Maintenance Manager (#9773) - Mid West
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a maintenance manager.
The Metals Maintenance Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations. Reporting to this position are 10 professional maintenance team members and 5 maintenance trainees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures work areas are in a safe state at all times.
- Responsible for directing the workflow to ensure daily maintenance demands are efficiently being met.
- Plan, budget and execute capital improvement projects for the ongoing operational needs, including technology, facilities and equipment
- The ability to evaluate the skills of the maintenance technicians and constructing development plans, leading to a cross-functional cohesive team.
- Is a coach and mentor to the maintenance team to reinforce problem-solving skills and training
- Overseeing the organization, implementation, and execution of the preventative/predictive maintenance program.
- Responsible for establishing the strategy for part crib and service department. Balancing parts inventory and equipment uptime while maintaining budget requirements.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
- Adjust leadership techniques to individual employees to ensure the most effective working relationships and work environment.
- Develops/enhances onboarding process for all new employees on equipment and processes.
- Works cross-functionally to resolve problems.
- Ensures work areas are accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic by maintaining a clean work area at all times.
- Works independently and as a team member in an office and manufacturing environment.
May have exposure to hazardous substances commonly associated with extrusion, paint and fabrication processes.
See MSDS for specific information.
Some overnight travel to remote facilities required.
Knowledge of manufacturing and industrial maintenance processes.
At least 10 - 15 years of experience in a similar working environment.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related management field required.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, and work in a team environment
- Proven knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics required.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical prints, and schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Previous experience with Preventative Maintenance planning desired.
- Previous experience with industrial safety procedures and practices related to maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to react to change productively and work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. High levels of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and/or conflicting situations.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Willing to work flexible hours when necessary and travel to customer locations or other company locations.