Maintenance Manager (#9071) - Kentucky
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager for a Forging facility in Kentucky
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, performs technical work in a multi-functional position that is responsible for establishing a comprehensive maintenance system to maximize production availability while controlling overall costs. A focus on total preventative maintenance and continuous improvement upgrades is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but not listed below.
- Creates and updates the preventive maintenance program for the facility and all equipment, assigns responsibility to appropriate staff, and keeps daily maintenance checklists on all equipment.
- Prepare and plan for the maintenance budget and works with property management to ensure that maintenance operations remain within budgeted guidelines.
- Plans for and coordinates the installation of new equipment and the removal or movement of current equipment; find contractors as needed, reviews the contracts and monitors and approves contractors work.
- Keeps equipment maintained and functioning to meet all production and quality requirements, to include reducing downtime, increasing output, and reducing energy costs.
- Collaborates with the Production team and key employees to effectively plan for scheduled and unscheduled events to maximize time for rebuilds, repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain shop areas ensuring replacement parts and tools are maintained at adequate levels and shop areas are organized, clean and safe.
- Effectively utilizes enterprise planning tools to manage the department and maintenance activities.
- Effectively leads the maintenance staff by coaching, development, communication, change management, delegating duties, and holding staff accountable. Creates a team-oriented environment which motivates staff and keeps employees engaged in their jobs, the Plant, and the company.
- Schedule and complete regular performance reviews for hourly staff
- Must be able to have flexibility with working hours
- Maintain relationships and act as the point of contact for vendors and contractors. Approve subcontractors work.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in machine repair, Logs all information on machining and repairs for future O.D., I.D., Material type etc.
- Determines the best way to make repairs so as to minimize time on the job and the Interruption of production.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Ability to be organized, flexible, and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work with brass, bronze, cast iron, soft and hard steel, tool steel, or any machine-able material.
- Must be able to work to original machine specifications (maintain tolerance), establish proper clearances and surface finishes for running, sliding, press and shrink fits.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS NECESSARY TO THE WORK:
- Must have experience in heavy machinery repair
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including pumps, cylinders, valves, etc.
- Mechanical Systems and Components
- Conveyors, motors, & gearboxes
- Troubleshooting Presses, clutches, & brake systems on heavy machinery
- Working knowledge of machine electrical systems
- Motor wiring circuits
- Plumbing and piping experience
- Induction heating
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, servo control valves, hydraulic cylinders etc
- Knowledge of TPM and safe working practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with vendors and Company personnel.
- Ability to operate forklift, truck and other equipment used in moving materials.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s (Technical) degree from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- A minimum of five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in industrial maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical works of production machinery is required; must have industrial troubleshooting experience along with PLC knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership capacity.