Maintenance Leadman (#9738) - California (Bay area)
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position maintains and repairs machinery and equipment and performs other related duties as required. This position requires a high level of problem solving skills and mechanical troubleshooting abilities. Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, automation, and maintenance is necessary. In this role, your key responsibilities will be to program and organize a team of technicians actively involved in various technical specialties. The job entails instructing and offering guidance while being actively involved in one or more of the maintenance activities. This includes planning for, supervising, and working with outside contractors, and vendors as well. Along with equipment upkeep, the lead owns the role of keeping the equipment in excellent condition and ensuring that proper maintenance and repairs are made. Verbal and written communication in English and Spanish is preferred to assist and excel in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate ability to properly use Oxygen/acetylene torch.
- Demonstrate ability to properly operate band saws, drills, drill presses, grinders and other shop tools.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use gear pullers, torque wrenches, plasma cutter, winches, and come-alongs.
- Demonstrate ability to arc and MIG weld in various positions and types of joints. TIG experience also preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the safety requirements for performing maintenance on equipment and tools.
- Demonstrate ability to rebuild cylinders and hydraulic valves.
- Demonstrate ability to layout and fabricate from drawings.
- Able to operate, with training, startups and shutdowns of critical machinery.
- Proficient in all types of power transmission-troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrate ability to use a multi-function electrical test meter.
- Demonstrate ability to read and troubleshoot wiring schematics and make wiring repairs.
- Demonstrate ability to wire and phase for direction single and three phase motors, starters and relays.
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant equipment, spare parts, location, and names.
- Demonstrate ability to read and troubleshoot simple pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Strength in root cause analysis and project planning.
- Maintains equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Mentors and develops others in both mechanical and electrical aspects.
- Directs, schedules, and oversees weekly PM’s, repairs, and projects.
- Inspects all plant machinery for proper operation.
- Records and informs Maintenance Supervisor of any and all maintenance issues.
Attends safety meetings, abides by and enforces all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are promptly reported and corrected
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school education or equivalent. Technical training in related field preferred but not necessary.
- Three years’ experience leading a maintenance crew as a leadsmen or in a supervisory role.
- Ability to use and operate a personal computer, spreadsheet and word processing software, copier, company terminal, calculator, and any other office equipment required to perform duties.
- Three years welding and mechanical machinery maintenance experience required.
- Advansced Working knowledge of industrial electricity required.
- Requires good reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Requires ability to assist with calculations, projections and applications for fabrication and layout.
- Ability to operate forklift, man lift, scissor lift, drill press, welders, angle grinders, digital volt meters and any other equipment required to perform duties.
- Ability to work at elevations as high as 45 feet.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Regular attendance is required
Apply for this position.