Maintenance Lead (#9079) - Utah
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery as assigned to the maintenance team by the plant manager or other supervisor as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld (stick and wire feed) and use cutting torch as required
- Fabricate metal parts and install as needed to fit the needs of the plant and equipment
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test malfunctioning machinery, troubleshoot and determine repairs and discuss with plant supervisor for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Extensive knowledge of Lock Out safety policies and procedures
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/ equivalent or comparable in training, education or experience
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Skilled usage in welding and fabricating
- Skilled at general electrical throughput and PLC’s
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity or related field preferred
- Electrical experience desire