Machine Shop Manager (#10128) - Southern California
United Employment Group is seeking a Machine Shop Manager in Southern California.
- Manage day to day operations of machining department.
- Setting and managing daily priorities and productivity within the machine shop.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering department on new product development and implementation into production.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department to ensure inspection criteria are established and being followed.
- Willing and able to assist in the training of operators/machinists as necessary.
- Must be able to motivate, provide leadership and create a team environment.
- Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
- Develop set-up sheets and CNC program retention process for all jobs.
- Ability to develop and implement systems and procedures as they relate to process development, process flow, quality assurance and work order documentation.
- Ability to institute process and procedural improvements in a machine shop environment is critical.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience in the CNC machining industry, preferably in the Metal Fabrication industry.
- Possess a technical degree or equivalency.