Lead Superintendent (#8778) - Dallas Area
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
The Superintendent executes the C2C® project delivery method by thinking creatively and strategically to generate value for the client.
Lead Superintendent - 100% Travel
Corporation is one of the top General Contractors in the nation, ranked #82 in the ENR. We are a family of construction-industry companies offering challenging career-growth opportunities. Our executives are selfless leaders who empower their employees through what we call “Servant Leadership”.
Company is experienced in all types of projects including retail, distribution centers and warehouses, office buildings, lifestyle/mixed use development, hotels/multifamily, worship centers, education, entertainment/sports, medical, parking structures, and renovations.
Our Dallas office is looking for a Lead Superintendent.
The Superintendent executes the C2C® project delivery method by thinking creatively and strategically to generate value for the client. This role provides management oversight for all phases of the construction project assigned including coordinating workers, material, and equipment; ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed; work is proceeding on schedule and within budget; and all work is being conducted in a safe and professional manner.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
• Define and understand owner’s needs and expectations to ensure the success of the project
• Work collaboratively and effectively with the Project Manager throughout the project
• Communicate with owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans
• Conduct onsite meetings with Architects, Engineers, Developer representatives, Tenant Construction Representatives, and City Officials
• Assist Estimators and Project Managers with subcontractor buy out
• Develop a cost effective plan and schedule for completion of project
• Develop both long-term and short-term plans/schedules and coordinate daily work of team members and subcontractors working on various phases of the project
• Review and understand all contract documents (plans, specifications, testing requirements, as-built requirements, close-out requirements, etc.)
• Work with Project Manager on obtaining all requirements of the local jurisdiction to obtain final approval or certificate of occupancy prior to completion date
• Oversee, conduct, and document weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors as necessary
• Accurately and timely prepare daily reports and field documentation
• Delegate work and responsibility appropriately and keep team members accountable for their work
• Regularly review contract documents (plans, specs, shop drawings, manufacturer’s installation instruction, etc.) with team members and subcontractors and to ensure they are being followed
• Regularly inspect work being performed on the project to ensure quality is being achieved
• Oversee safety regulations and procedures
What You Will Need For This Role:
• Minimum of 8 years of experience supervising all phases of construction projects or proven track record of demonstrative skills and abilities or compensatory ability recognized by Company
• High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
• Must be able to read and understand plans, specifications, and shop drawings
• Computer skills using Viewpoint, SharePoint, MS Project, and MS Office
• Experience with projects ranging from $10 million to $75 million
• 100% travel required – If stationed away from home, Company will provide you with a living per diem and pay to send you home twice a month
Company offers Competitive Pay, Bonus Program, 401K/Profit Sharing, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. Company uses E-Verify.Apply for this position.