Inside Sales Supervisor (#9341) - Houston, TX
A Forging facility is looking for an Inside Sales Supervisor
General Summary of Position
The Inside Sales Supervisor will play a key role in the overall effectiveness of our sales team. With our commitment to being the most reliable closed die forging solution available, customer satisfaction is critical. The successful candidate will show a sense of urgency and responsiveness to customer needs and requirements and accurately transmit those needs and the voice of the customer inside our business. Primary responsibilities are to manage, lead, and coach the inside sales team who are responsible for updating and maintaining customer requirements on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide leadership, guidance, training, and support to the inside sales team in order to further enhance customer relationships, improve efficiency, and ultimately increase top line sales.
- Ownership responsibility for the sales administration processes – contract management / periodic pricing updates, customer schedules, customer satisfaction review, delivery dates, customer order entry, confirmation, and delivery date processes.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the sales administration process to become a more efficient team.
- Manage the quotation process for all quotes new and existing as well as associated metrics – this may include hit rate on orders vs. quotes, new wins, losses, and any other metric that help track the efficiency of our sales team.
- Recommend and coordinate pricing strategies for existing contracts, new products, and price recoveries from customers with coordination of Sales Manager as required.
- Liaison between Engineering, Account Managers, and Business Development managers on tracking and communicating New Product Introduction (NPI) timelines to our customers.
- Participate in the sales forecasting process with Business Development Managers, Sales Manager, and President/VP/GM.
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement.
- Ensure sales, financial, and legal policies and procedures are met and followed.
- Support the Sales Manager and Business Development Managers as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Finance or related field or equivalent related experience.
- Prior industrial sales/marketing experience, minimum of three to five years forging, heavy metal or similar environment preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years management (direct supervision) experience.
- Highly organized, proactive and results oriented with a desire to succeed.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel experience and usage required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings is preferred.
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook experience and usage recommended.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.