HSE Manager (#9210) - IN
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for an HSE manager.
• Verifying the implementation and operation of the EHS Systems, by planning and conducting internal audits.
• Drives EHS programs for overall employee engagement at the site.
• Ensures department’s budget based on operational needs, identifying the resources required to meet needs.
• Verifying the company EHS policy is fully understood, implemented, operated and maintained.
• Create, review, update and control the Company’s EHS Manuals and related procedures and policies.
• Conduct annual reviews related to IH, Safety and Environmental systems in order to improve the system.
• Facilitate the exchange of environmental and Safety related information among the Plant Management.
• Research & maintain working knowledge of relevant environmental rules & regulations & the impact on the facility.
• Provide training on all pertinent environmental related topics to the entire plant population.
• Implement, maintain & improve Env & Safety Management System & all components associated with the system.
• Function as a liaison for the facility with governmental inspectors, agencies, and regulators.
• In the event of inspection to correct deficiencies and to minimize citations and fines for non-compliance.
• Ensure all environmental compliance requirements are being met for all applicable permits.
• Complete all government environmental reports in a timely manner and submit reports to proper agencies.
• Ensure all OSHA compliance requirements are maintained in a current status.
• Lead facility to OHSAS 18001 systems.
• Maintain hazardous material management plan.
• Supervisor any EHS, security personnel as assigned
• Min 8 years Safety, Health, Security and Envir experience in a mfg environment (prefer Aluminum extrusion mfg experience)
• 5+ years of experience as an EHS Manager in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in self-managed work systems, production management, cost, quality, & personnel preferred.
• Proven record of achievements.
• Solid record of leadership, initiative taking, collaboration & innovation.
• Strong interpersonal skills.