General Manager (#9586) - Midwest
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a general manager.
Reports to the President.
- Project management
- Oversees department managers including engineering, production, extrusion, fabrication, finishing, and shipping/receiving, and die shop.
- Monitors plant production, makes necessary changes for improvement, incorporates new programs utilizing lean manufacturing concepts.
- Monitors safety and ensures plant meets environmental regulations; is in good standing.
- Confers with management team regularly.
- Assists in human resources- hiring, interviewing.
Reports regularly to president/executive board with updates on plant's performance, progress, etc.
- Minimum 10+ years of plant/operations management experience in the aluminum extrusion industry.
- Excellent team management/building skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business/engineering field.
- Strong background in process improvement, project management, lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 5s, and extrusion.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- Able to create spreadsheets, graphs, tables, and reports.