Forward Planner/Civil Engineer (#8432) - East Bay, CA
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
Responsible for overall progress and planning of projects, approval of plans and procurement of necessary permits for construction
Forward Planning/Civil Engineer
One of the largest home builders in the East Bay is looking for a Forward Planner/Civil Engineer for their Land Development Department. The right candidate will be responsible for overall progress and planning of projects, approval of plans and procurement of necessary permits for construction. Candidate must have the ability to make public presentations.
This position will interface with the city and county agencies, including but not limited to planning departments and engineering departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Procure entitlements including General Plan Amendments, Zoning, Tentative Maps, Development Agreements et al, and process and plan check construction plans and permits with governmental/environmental agencies;
• Assist in land acquisition feasibility, potential risk analysis, and due diligence associated with land purchase process;
• Present projects at relevant public hearings, meet with city staff, Planning Commissioners, and City Council members;
• Manage consultants, procure contracts, compile and prepare budgets, plan check construction documents for all phases of development, consolidate and submit design review applications and process applications for approval;
• Oversee project approvals and implementation (Conditions of Approval, Development Agreements, Subdivision Improvement Agreements);
• Process and review invoices;
• Negotiate conditions of approval, design and cost related issues with city government;
• Direct compilation and approval of all project disclosures;
• Act as the conduit between the field personnel and the project consultants, and provide ongoing support to superintendents and sales on issues at communities under construction;
• Conduct project meetings, and maintain project schedules.
• Knowledge of land planning laws and regulation, understanding of California Environmental Quality Act and Subdivision Map Act
• Experience and understanding of civil engineering and architectural plans;
• Superior written and verbal communication skills;
• Outgoing, professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Project and understanding of AutoCad, Adobe Photoshop and ArchviewGIS;
• Degree in Civil Engineering with license (preferred), Business Administration, Finance, Planning, Construction Management, or Architecture;
• Minimum Three to Five years of experience in the construction industry.Apply for this position.