Forging Engineer (#10969) - Eastern PA
Forging Engineer position in an Open Die environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and reviews RFQ’s from customers with the Director of Engineering & Metallurgy and Sales Manager to determine if the request can be reasonably filled and approved.
- Uses parts lists and related drawings from customers to develop manufacturing process based on specifications supplied by the customer and enters the information into the Estimating spreadsheet database.
- Works with Purchasing and suppliers to obtain material pricing to standards needed by the customer.
- Creates estimated manufacturing hours for each part determined to be manufactured in-house, including non-recurring costs such as tooling, outside testing, and shipping if applicable.
- Creates drawings for forgings to support production use, as well as, Forging instructions.
- Designs forge tooling as needed.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- Basic knowledge, skills, attributes required
- Capable of writing mill orders for production use as well as forging instructions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general blue prints, technical procedures, and machining.
- Ability to understand and interpret material specifications including ASTM, ASME, AMS, MIL and customer specifications.
- Clear understanding of GDT tolerancing.
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience with CAD, Solidworks, AutoCad, etc.
- Manufacturing, Forging process experience, welding, CNC programming, transfer and manual machining processes.
- Tooling experience, forging dies, back extrusion dies, (open and closed), dimple tooling, displacement tooling, etc.
Educational / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Industrial Technology or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Forging Industry experience.