Forge Shop Manager (#10127) - Los Angeles Area
United Employment Group is seeking a Forge Shop Manager in the Los Angeles Area.
- Ability to supervise the Forging and Heat Treat and Saw Department.
- Lead department to achieve company required safety, quality, housekeeping, and production targets.
- Work with management to set staffing requirements.
- Prepare daily work schedule and report daily on productivity.
- Develop, prepare, and optimize set-up and operation documentation.
- Ability to develop, document and implement a formal set-up reduction program.
- Suggest and implement productivity improvements.
- Maintain a tooling inventory system for forging dies and other tooling requirements.
- Coordinate department preventive maintenance requirements.
- BS degree, preferably a technical degree, but not necessarily.
- Comprehensive understanding of forging and heat treating processes.
- Strong background in forging aluminum.
- Self Directed – able to justify decisions and make important recommendations.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Organizational skills required.