Field Engineer (#9639) - Tennessee
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Field Engineer with Commercial Concrete Experience.
MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL CONCRETE EXPERIENCE TO APPLY
- Assist with Project Submittals, Submittal Acquisition, and Review Incoming Submittal Prior to Sending to Owner.
- Responsible for controlling job cost items.
- Consistently record new cost codes and track/maintain quantities within the cost control system.
- Evaluate schedule progress and update project schedule on a regular basis with a realistic timetable for future work items.
- Analyze shop drawings, as-builts, and other contract required documents to ensure completeness and accuracy and submit to the owner with necessary documentation.
- Validates accurate dimensions by reviewing the architectural and structural drawings prior to execution.
- Is able to identify any discrepancies in drawings prior to execution.
- Engages the project lead on the line and grade portion of the project to ensure proper scheduling and sequencing.
- Assist the superintendent in developing work plans.
- Assist in generating Project Schedule (Baseline, Updates, Weekly).
- Provide quality control assistance at critical times (i.e. before a concrete pour, etc.) to ensure contract compliance.
- Proficient with the use of advanced instruments and total station to perform an accurate layout.
- Is able to complete a layout in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Delivers layout information to the project team to ensure proper execution.
- Develop a good working relationship with the owner, subcontractors, and company support groups such as estimating, accounting, payroll, etc.
- Assist in acquiring necessary plans/specifications and performing takeoffs for change order work.
Expedite closure of the project by securing loose ends, finishing paperwork, getting equipment manuals and warranties turned over to the owners, providing support for the construction management, getting retainages, and expediting any claims; follow documented checklist noting planned time of completion and actual completion.
- 5+ years of experience in field engineering, surveying, and layout for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Self-perform experience of concrete is required.