Facilities Maintenance Manager (#9432) - NJ
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a facilities maintenance manager.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of facilities such as factory, offices, lavatories, etc.
1. Assigns tasks to workers, and inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
2. Issues supplies and equipment.
3. Resolves workers problems or refers matters to supervisor.
4. Records employees hours worked on time cards or time sheets.
5. Submits requests for repair of cleaning equipment to maintenance department.
6. Requisitions or purchases cleaning supplies and equipment.
7. Manages employees in Custodial Maintenance Department.
8. Arranges for recycling/disposal of wastes including plant trash, hazardous waste, toluene, recycling, used oil, empty drums, pallets, steel, cardboard, saw chips and obsolete computer equipment.
9. Conducts periodic environmental inspections. Supervises spill clean ups.
10. Maintains inventory of paints/chemicals in Hazmat Building.
11. Maintains outside property grass cutting/trimming, sweeper truck, and snow removal from sidewalks.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of related training/experience
- Supervisory experience of 5-10 employees in a custodial maintenance department
- Has experience in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work