Fabrication Manager (#9858) - WI
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a fabrication manager.
The Fabrication Manager reports to the Metals Operations Manager. Reporting to this position are eleven Fabrication team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures work areas are accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic by maintaining a clean work area at all times.
• Works in conjunction with quality department to provide corrective action to Return Material Authorization (RMA) and reach satisfactory resolution to the customer including researching all possible alternatives to spare material.
• Works collaboratively with customers and employees to provide consultation and advice on fabrication quality issues.
• Maintains knowledge of industry standards as they relate to the Fabrication department.
• Responsible for directing the workflow to ensure daily fabrication demands are efficiently being met.
• Plan, budget and execute capital improvement projects for the ongoing fabrication needs, including technology and equipment.
• The ability to evaluate the skills of the fabrication personnel and constructing development plans, leading to a cross-functional cohesive team.
• Is a coach and mentor to the fabrication team to reinforce problem-solving skills and training.
• Adjust leadership techniques to individual employees to ensure the most effective working relationships and work environment.
• Develops/enhances onboarding process for all new employees on equipment and processes.
• Works cross-functionally to resolve problems.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Works independently and as a team member in an office and manufacturing environment.
• Travel to customer and vendor locations occasionally.
• May be required to work weekends or adjust schedule to provide flexibility in providing consulting services to all production shifts and locations.
• May work under high pressure deadlines.
• May have exposure to hazardous substances commonly associated with extrusion, paint and fabrication processes. See MSDS for specific information.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
• Knowledge of fabrication production processes normally acquired through at least five (5) to ten (10) years of experience and/or Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or closely related field required.
• Knowledge and application of ISO, Six Sigma, Lean, and blueprint reading.
• Knowledge of fabrication processes and able to research and develop new processes.
• Ability to works with tool room to design and manufacture new tooling and to improve existing tooling.
• Knowledge of welding process best practice.
• Knowledge in computer numerical control (CNC) programming on fabrication equipment.
• Prior experience with fabrication quoting and estimating preferred.
• Works with sales department on competitive pricing of new products and improving profitability on existing products by quoting fabrication processes.
• Constantly evaluating fabrication processes and procedures to improve work flow through the department.
• Proven manufacturing problem solving skills. Excellent critical thinking skills required.
• Ability to work independently, be self-directed, and work in a team environment. Must have strong prioritization skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD desired.
• Ability to provide exceptions customer services required.
• Must be able to react to change productively and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. High levels of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and/or conflicting situations.
Apply for this position.