Extrusion Supervisor (Night Shift) (#10086) - GA
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a night shift production supervisor in the extrusion department.
The Extrusion Supervisor reports to the Extrusion Manager and supervises crew with up to 30 direct reports. This position has complete and total responsibility for the safe operation, quality of material, and productivity of the extrusion presses during a shift and will not only lead and manage in a professional and capable manner but will also participate directly on the plant floor.
• Must drive a safety culture where safety is the number one priority for all employees.
• Follow all safety protocol. Lead by example and hold your crew accountable to do the same
• Support short and long term goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) strategies
• Value Our People – coach, teach, and develop them
• Adhere to the ISO 9001 principles on quality management and ISO 14001/18001 principles on EHS management
• Maintaining a safe work environment for all shift employees and by meeting Health, Environmental, and Safety standards
• Upholding documented standards of performance of the employees in metal treatment, safety and equipment care
• Supervise the extrusion crew consisting of all personnel in all roles
• Prioritize shift assignments and available staffing/coverage in order to meet shift safety, quality, and efficiency goals
• Achieve the shift metrics, as assigned by Department Manager
• Foster an environment where employees will willingly make extra effort to exceed goals
• Perform regular shift meetings for communication of shift goals and results and to perform required safety training
• Perform administrative tasks and maintain administrative records for the shift, including required production reporting, IMS system entries and follow up, training needs and skills assessments, time and attendance, disciplinary action, performance management, and payroll forms
• Perform coaching of employees for development, recognition, reward, or unacceptable performance or attendance
• Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience prefereably in aluminum extrusion
- Knowledge of 5s, lean manufacturing, and process control concepts
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge of OSHA/safety practices
- Knowledge of aluminum extrusion process and machining
- High school diploma required, some college or college degree preferred